Thursday 29 October 2015

Final 'final' flight of XH 558 yesterday from Doncaster Robin Hood airport




Sam Scrimshaw photo posted via the Vulcans, Victors and Valiants FB page


Final 'final' flight of XH 558 yesterday from Doncaster Robin Hood airport, captured by planesTV.com after their live stream failed....

" ..XH558 - Farewell old girl. You did this country proud. Never will we see the likes of you again. Doomed to spend the rest of your life in a hangar or with a bit of luck fired up for fast taxi runs. I was so lucky to have seen her fly on numerous times - most recently at Teesside Airport on the first day of her two part flight around the country as part of her final farewell tour. I was also lucky to have heard her famous howl on numerous occasions. I also saw two Vulcans in nuclear, antiflash white come in to land from RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus at RAF Luqa, Malta and then taxi past me while I was sat in the cockpit of a Lightning when I was with 11 Squadron. Per Ardua Ad Astra..." .....Robin Patrick Ellwood